Redwood Coast Village (RCV) membership is open to residents of Humboldt County, California aged 50 and above who need just a little help to stay in their own homes. We welcome members from throughout our diverse community, and also seek volunteers of all ages to assist them from every race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, and cultural group that makes up our diverse community. We are looking for members, and local volunteers to serve them, from communities throughout the county. Please note, areas of service will need to have a good balance of volunteers and members.
Welcome to Redwood Coast Village! We are excited that you are interested in joining us. Please look at the documents online and check out the RCV Handbook. The RCV Handbook can answer many questions you might have about how RCV works and what members and Volunteers do.
1) Print out the member and volunteer application form and mail it to RCV, 434 7th Street, Eureka, CA 95501.
2) You will be contacted and asked to attend an orientation meeting. If you cannot leave your home or neighborhood, a personal visit or community meeting might be arranged in your area.
3) You will be asked complete an online background check during orientation.
4) If you applied to be a member, after your application has been approved, you will be notified to pay your membership fee after in full (online or by check), arrange for online monthly payments through your credit card, or contact the RCV office to discuss getting partial fee assistance from the Trillium Scholarship Fund. If you applied to be a volunteer, there is no fee.
Payments by check should be made out to Redwood Coast Village. Please mail check to
Redwood Coast Village
P. O. Box 2843
McKinleyville, CA 95519
5) Once you complete the orientation and background check you will sign the Member/Volunteer Agreement and receive a photo identification badge and volunteer-based services can begin.
For the safety of our staff, members and volunteers, age 18 and over, will have background checks from a nationally recognized security company, which provides online volunteer screening and background checks for nonprofits and service organizations.